A beautiful smile can more than brighten a room, a beautiful smile can increase confidence and improve quality of life. If the appearance of your teeth is causing you to hide your smile, Lumineers® may be the right treatment for you. Lumineers®, like porcelain veneers, can transform the appearance of the teeth by masking flaws and improving dental brightness. Unlike porcelain veneers, Lumineers® require no alteration to the teeth, making Lumineers® a great option for creating flawless smiles. Lumineers® are suitable for most people. To find out if you’re a candidate, schedule a consultation with Cincinnati cosmetic dentist Dr. Rebecca Hayden, DMD.
What Are Lumineers®?
Lumineers® are customized thin, porcelain shells designed to cover dental flaws and improve overall appearance. Lumineers® are remarkably thin, which allows them to be placed on the teeth without the removal of tooth enamel like traditional veneers require. This means Lumineers® can be removed without causing damage to the underlying tooth. The process for Lumineers® treatment requires two dental visits, the first to begin crafting the Lumineers® and the second to place the completed Lumineers®.
Candidates for Lumineers®
Most people are suitable candidates for Lumineers®. Candidates must have relatively healthy teeth and gums and should have sufficient tooth enamel to bond the Lumineers® to. Candidates are generally those who are unhappy with the appearance of their smile. More specifically, candidates may also suffer from one or more of the following conditions:
- Minor cracks: Lumineers® can be used to cover minor dental fractures to prevent further cracking and restore the tooth’s appearance and strength.
- Minor chips: Small chips can be covered with Lumineers® to improve dental health and appearance.
- Stained or yellowed teeth:Each Lumineer® is custom-shaded, which means they can be crafted to a bright, pearly white. Stained or yellowed teeth can be covered with Lumineers® of a brighter shade of white for even more dramatic results than traditional teeth whitening treatments.
- Gaps between teeth: Lumineers® can also be used to close gaps between teeth, creating a more even, proportional appearance.
- Conceal old fillings: Lumineers® can be used to cover old dental fillings to create a flawless looking smile.
The Benefits of Lumineers®
Lumineers® offer many benefits, including improved aesthetics and confidence. Some of the benefits many experience with Lumineers® include:
- Flawless smiles: Lumineers® mask and cover dental flaws to create beautiful smiles.
- Stain resistance: The porcelain used to craft Lumineers® is resistant to staining.
- Improved confidence: Lumineers® have the power to improve confidence by creating a flawless smile you’ll be proud to show off.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Lumineers® look natural, blending seamlessly with the surrounding teeth.
- Long lasting: Lumineers® are made of durable porcelain and with proper care, they may last as long as 20 years.
Call Dr. Rebecca Hayden, DMD, for a consultation and see if Lumineers® are right for you!